skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Which way are you going? Your's or God's?
So I'm at the point where I forget to have my "God and Me" time everyday. I have been so busy the past two weeks that I haven’t really focused on God like I should. On Sundays and Wednesdays I do when I'm at church, but when I am home or at work, I'm so busy that it's hard. I read my bible every night and really get into that but what about prayer. Why do we allow something so important to fade away in our day to day lives? Prayer is one of the most important parts of our walk with God but sometimes we get so consumed with life that we forget to talk to the one that gave us our life. I am defiantly preaching to myself here I know but I know also that I'm not the only one with this problem. We get so distant from God. I can't remember if I read this in the Bible or in the book that I just finished reading (In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day) because I was so deep into both when I was reading both lol, but it talks about how just a sigh can mean so much. We don't always have the words to say when we pray but just as sigh can mean so much to God. A sigh can express so much of what is going on in our hearts and God can understand that one little sigh. Sometimes I find myself just giving up on my prayer or making it a short prayer because I do not know what to say. But now that I've read that, it makes me think. It's ok not to know what to say. To just sit back and sigh and listen. I think sometimes we don't know what to say because God just wants us to listen. Maybe we should stop just asking God for what we want and complaining to God about how bad our lives are going all the time. I think God just wants us to sit back and listen to what HE wants sometimes. WOW!!! lol! But just sitting back and listening can do so much. To be still and know he is God (Newsboys song). Know He is there. Know that He can hear your heart better than you can and knows your true desires. He knows the future. When we sit back and listen to Him, He can tell us so much! He knows what the future holds. He knows how our lives will be from now until forever. So why don’t we stop living by our own visions for at least five minuets and listen to him. He already knows what's going to happen. So let Him direct you. Instead of running the race blind and in a hurry, try to slow down for five minuets at least and listen to his directions. So save yourself some wasted time. We feel like we have no time to stop and pray but if we would just realize that if we would listen to Him, our time wouldn't be wasted. Ok example.... your running a race, you come to a division in the road. You’re in a hurry to win and to get the race over with so you just run down the path to the left because it looks nice. It looks paved and straight. But as you run further down this road, it turns out that it has tons of pot holes, rocks, and takes you so far out of the race that you get lost. If we back up to the parting in the road and look forward, we would have seen a "sign" at the division. That “sign" is God. If we would have just stopped for five minuets and asked God which way to go, instead of depending on our own view, we wouldn't have to run all the way back and start over from the division. We would have gone to the right. So to wrap this up, God is more than just reading your bible and saying that you believe in Him and thinking about Him from time to time when it’s convenient to you. Some of that stuff is important. It defiantly is. God speaks to us through His word also but to me, the most important thing in your walk with God is your RELATIONSHIP with him. How do we build our relationship? Through prayer. Through seeking him. Through learning his voice. How do we learn his voice? By just listening. As we do that, the other stuff will come along. We won’t always have a bible around but if we know his voice, we can always here it. So remember to take time and just listen. God loves you and wants you to go down the right path because that path will bring you closer to him. He has your path already planed for you. So take some time and just listen to him. It may seem like you don’t have the time, but if you do, it will actually save you time in the future that you can’t see. There is always time for God.
Great blog. So true. How often to do we really stop and listen? Most of the time the conversation is one way. I'm glad I stopped and read this entry. :) It made me think.
ReplyDelete